Kunal Bahl is an Indian entrepreneur, co founder and CEO of the e-commerce platform Snapdeal.
|Education||B.S in Marketing and Operations Strategy, Wharton.
B.S in Manufacturing Engineering
|Alma mater||The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania|
|Occupation||CEO & Co-founder, Snapdeal|
Bahl was born in India and had completed his initial school education at Delhi Public School (DPS) New Delhi. He applied to the University of Pennsylvania and received admission. Bahl then graduated from the Jerome Fisher Program in Management and Technology at the University of Pennsylvania, earning two bachelor’s degrees in Marketing and Operations Strategy and Manufacturing Engineering from The Wharton School and the School of Engineering and Applied Science and finished an executive marketing program from Kellogg School of Management. While studying in the United States Bahl started a detergent company and worked to sell his product at Walmart stores. Bahl had worked with Microsoft for a short period as he came back to India due to some visa issue in 2008.
Bahl cofounded Snapdeal along with his school friend Rohit Bansal on 4 February 2010.
Awards and recognitions
- 1. BMA Entrepreneur of the Year 2014
- 2. ET Top 50 Entrepreneur of India 2014
- 3. Ranked 25 on Fortune 40 under 40 most influential business leaders list 2014
- 4. EY Entrepreneur of the year – Startup 2014
- 5. Nasscom NextGen Entrepreneur 2014
- 6. AIMA Transformational Business Leader of the Year
- 7. Indian Affairs Business Leader of the Year 2015
Bahl is married to Yashna who ran a confectionery business.